Does anyone agree that ( some ) Christians are some of the most rude, judgemental, arrogant, phony people you come accross?

I am not Christian. I am not being hateful but I know I live a better more moral life than any Christian I have ever met ( which is tons and tons and tons). I kind of get tired of the cr@p they give anyone that is not a Christian.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Many people are rude and hateful and Christians fall into that category as much as anyone but often because they are so religiously steeped from birth. Creed and doctrine can often be negative and confining which I believe is where it all stems from. That said, I know many Christian people that are wonderful and despite their beliefs, are very open and non judgmental to other's way of living.
    Anonymous

• Yup!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Uhhuh. and yup. that's affirmative.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Shame. but I agree
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sorry, but this post does come across as very hateful. There are plenty of Christians who are not this way. I understand getting fed up with constant damnation talk, I get tired of it too. But a question with the sole intent (whether real or perceived) say shit about Christians is uncalled for.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree. But you could insert Muslim, Jews, atheists, Hindus, African Americans, Democrats, Republicans, pro-lifers, pro-choicers, moms, dads, and probably circus clowns.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OP here...

"I agree. But you could insert Muslim, Jews, atheists, Hindus, African Americans, Democrats, Republicans, pro-lifers, pro-choicers, moms, dads, and probably circus clowns. "

Yeah, Not some of those catagories but I am sure some could also be refered to in the same way. But they don't usually preach their beliefs as mush usually.
    Anonymous

• OP here...

"Sorry, but this post does come across as very hateful. There are plenty of Christians who are not this way. I understand getting fed up with constant damnation talk, I get tired of it too. But a question with the sole intent (whether real or perceived) say shit about Christians is uncalled for. "

Of course I know plenty aren't like that but most are. Well I really don't care if it seems hateful, I already said I am not trying to be. Take it however you want though!
    Anonymous

• "Many people are rude and hateful and Christians fall into that category as much as anyone but often because they are so religiously steeped from birth. Creed and doctrine can often be negative and confining which I believe is where it all stems from. That said, I know many Christian people that are wonderful and despite their beliefs, are very open and non judgmental to other's way of living."

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what she said. Go anon!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lol, I was remembering another post about atheists and having a catch phrase, and some christians argued that it would be stupid and christians don't push their beliefs.. and then this weekend I almost busted out laughing because everyone at the dinner that was becoming an officer had to include God into their speeches inorder to become officers... and all I could think of was those christians saying that it's not pushed into peoples faces.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009