abortion pill

where do you get the abortion pill? i'm not looking for it for myself or anyone or anything like that, i was just wondering. i saw the new plan b commercial and that just got me thinking about emergency contraceptive, which took me on the track to pregnancy termination, and so on...anyway, i was just wondering if anyone knew if it was available at, like, every place that does abortions or if its only...available in select areas (i guess thats how you'd phrase it.)

metalhealthmama

Asked by metalhealthmama at 10:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• I remember years ago seeing ads for it in a Planned Parenthood office, I would think they would be able to refer you where to get it if they don't have it as well. HTH!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Plan B is not an abortion pill. You can get it at your local Pharmacy or Rite-Aid I think.
    The abortion pill is a completely different thing.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you are talking about the actual abortion pill, you have to get it through a doctor I think.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I know that. Plan B is emergency contraceptive and in my state, MD, is available over the counter, without a prescription, as long as you're 18.

But I wanted to know about the abortion pill. I know its used for to terminate a pregnancy before 7 weeks, but thats all I know.

Really, I just wanted to know if its as widely available as surgical abortions.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 10:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh gosh, Pink diamond, plan B is an abortion pill. You've already had sex and now you're taking a pill to kill a baby in case one was created.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No, MicahsMom Plan B doesn't nothing to terminate an existing pregnancy. Pregnancy has begun only once implantation has occured. Plan B does not abort an implanted fertilized egg.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OP....it's available through a doctor only. Yes, just as easily as surgical abortion. Actually, probably even more so as it's less expensive to give a pill than do a procedure.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can get it at Walmart Pharmacy here, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009