OK My HUSBAND NEEDS SOME ADVICE!!

Okay my husband and I have a daughter together but he also has a daughter with another woman that is ...2 years older than my daughter.. they broke up 3 months after maddie was born..when we first got together we was gettin his daughter ALL the time.. Her mother found out about us being together and maddie wasnt ALOUD to leave with him.. he could any come over there. he did everything for that little girl loved her bought her things she needed when the bm called in the middle of the night for diapers he'd take them... well then it got to where she wouldnt let him come over he'd call no answer he tried takin child support out on his self they told me he couldnt w/o bm signin she didnt want to sign b/c she knew he would get to have her every other weekend. well she got married and told my dh to court and took his rights away on lies they caught the girl in 3 different lies .. Her now dh adopted her maddie is mixed and sd is

Mrs_Dewberry

Asked by Mrs_Dewberry at 10:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• white... bm tells maddie that the sd is her real dad.. he wants to know u think maddie will come lookin for him when she gets older
    Mrs_Dewberry

Answer by Mrs_Dewberry at 10:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Your dh needs to contact a attorney... asap...
     Dh's ex can NOT have another adopt his child without his permission...PERIOD!
    CS monies should be documented and that is why most use the courts....
     Contact an attorney

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ummm, I would fight it, not just wonder if she will look for him. That is rediculous and if it means anything to him he will get an attorney and fight it. There has got to be more to this story. How long had it been since he saw her? THere is a protocal they follow for step parent adoptions and if your dh was still trying to see her they wouldnt let the other guy have anything to do with adopting her. TELL HIM TO FIGHT!
    Anonymous

• She might not even remember who he is by the time she's old enough to consider looking for him.

He needs a lawyer.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• gmasboy is right. That's exactly what I would do. Using a child to get back an an ex (and then taking his rights away and having another man adopt the child without the birth dad's consent) is deplorable behavior that needs to be corrected immediately in the best interest of the child.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If the courts took his rights away, yes the step dad can adopt her. Taking rights away means the courts saw him as unfit and he now has NO RIGHTS to her. My husband was adopted after the courts took his bio parent's rights away. You said the courts took his rights away for lies that the little girl made? How old is this girl? Courts don't just "take rights away"- they need sufficient evidence. If there's NO reason his rights should of been taken and the judge was just an ass- then your husband needs a GOOD attorney. He can't just sit around and hope that one day she comes looking for him. Who knows what kind of lies she will be told throughout these years. She may not want to look for a "dead beat dad".........I am NOT saying that but you can bet that's what the mom and stepdad will say!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• even if he lost all rights they still would have to post notices about the adoption. Trust me my ex gave his rights away and in order for my husband to adopt her we still had to let our intents known to her real father. This whole story on their part stinks.Yes get a lawyer.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• the bm is the one that told 3 lies not maddie
    Mrs_Dewberry

Answer by Mrs_Dewberry at 4:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009