• In the Spotlight:

backless booster seat

My daughter will be 4 years old in April, and weighs 36 Lbs, 40" high. Since I'm expecting few travels with flying and rental cars, I was hoping to buy a backless booster seat. However, I'm getting really confused after an hour of web surfing. I noticed that there are some booster requires 30 Lbs. or more, and some 40 Lbs, but specs are not that different. Is my daughter too small to use backless safely???

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 11:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Travel

• My daughter's says 34 lbs and 36" tall to start using it. She was 37 lbs and 41" tall when I moved her into it but I am sure if you get the one that says 30 lbs and up then you should be okay with it. It saves so much time and it seems just as safe as the other booster seats too. just be sure when you sit her in it and pull the seat belt across her, that the shoulder strap actually crosses at her shoulder, not high up on her neck. That's one of the most important parts.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with April but you also need to check the laws in your state, some require kids to be bigger for backless seats the others do.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009