So strange. Please help

Ok so my son and I were laying in bed and he was about to go to sleep,. I had the window cracked open in the bedroom because it was very hot tonite upstairs because i had the dryer running all day. My son who just turned 2 in december said "mommy i scared" i asked why and he said "theres monsters out there" i said oh honey monsters arent real who told you that he said "that guy" and i said what guy he looked and said "oh he gone now' OMGGGG so i tell him again that monsters arent real and that he is safe with me and i held him and rocked him to sleep. I dont think any of his tv shows talk about monsters and isnt it SO STRANGE that he said THAT GUY told him so. AHHHHHHHHHH

JmgBlair

Asked by JmgBlair at 11:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know my 2 1/2 year year old talks about monsters goin to get her alot and i dont know why its very odd and kind of scary I was doin my dishes one night and dd was sleeping in a recliner and all of a sudden woke up SCREAMING AND CRYING telling me the monster was going to get her
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is really typical for that age but it could be he sees a spirit or ghost and is misinterpreting it. More likely it's his imagination but add a nightlight. Listen to all the things he'll say for the next two years, you might be amazed at what he sees or says!
    Anonymous

• Fear of monsters is common. He could have overheard something, he could have seen something on a TV show, who knows.
    What to do?
    Telling him that they aren't real won't help. It's like trying to tell an 7 year old boy that cooties aren't real. He is old enough now to be afraid of the unknown and he will see monsters and other scary things were there is nothing.
    The best things I've seen are to give him ways to fight them off. One suggestion is a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of perfume... instant Monster Spray that all monsters run from. Another is to get him a protector. My daughter has a brave stuffed dragon who growls at and bites any monsters he sees. He's so good at this job that no monsters have been seen in our house since he arrived.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Wait til they turn 3!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-1mla0LeU&feature=recommended
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009