what are some fun travel activities for the kids?

im going to see my grandmother in missouri on saturday, we are driving and it is 14hrs from us. i have a 5yr old, 2yr old, and 1yr old. How in the world can i keep them entertained on such a long trip? any suggestions will be appriciated

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Travel

• well I have a dvd player in my car. That's really a godsend. But I make it a habit of stopping at reststops for a snack, potty break and keep toys in the car for some run around time. Nerf football, small soccer ball, a dollar store game of catch. Bubbles. Sure it adds time but saves your sanity for later.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My son has a clipboard case that holds paper and colored pencils (crayons melt, break and make a mess). Listen to kid music, or better yet sing lots of kid songs. Bring pillows and blankets to be comfy and hopefully sleep. Bring plenty of snacks and drinks. Be prepared to make frequent stops. Stop at vista points and historical landmarks. Take lots of pictures. Have fun!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009