divorce and bible principals

According to the bible one can only divorce on the grounds of adultery- correct?
My husband committed adultery, left our kids & I a year ago. After he left he moved in with someone and says he's inlove and happy. I had hopes he would reconcile but it didn't happen. God forgives us daily and so I learned that we need to forgive and I have. I told him that I've forgiven him, wanted him back but lost all hopes becuase it didn't seem like he wanted to come back therefore divorce is our only option. I asked him to go to counseling and he said NO. How would I know if I'm ready for divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• pray and ask God to show you.. To con fort you and help you in everything that you do.. Put God first and he will help you in everything... I hope everything is well and sorry about what happen.. But dont look back look forward God has a great plan for you life and your kids.. God bless you if you ever need prayer or anything im a message away.. God loves you and so do i....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Honey...you are ready. No just and kind God would expect you to chase after, beg, borrow , and plead for you to stay married.
    Anonymous

• It sounds to me like you've done all you can.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Wel, you have tried to reconcile, but you cant force the other party to reconcile if there is no desire to on their part. It is a hard situation, but keep praying and stay close to God during these times. God's desire is that we reconcile and keep to our marriage vows, but we are given free will, and if tjhe other person chooses somethiing else, we cant force it. I guess I would say, get as close as you can to God right now, He will see you through. It might not be in the way you would want it to end up, but He will never leave you or forsake you, that you can always trust in.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 12:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If he doesnt want you anymore you are ready...There is no changing his mind. He has already started a new life with someone else and has moved on himself. You may still love him and care for him, but as far as him wanting to be with you, it looks like it wont happen...There is no sense in keeping your relationship with him in tact. He left and its time to move on for you too...Good Luck!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm so sorry, but it takes two to make a marraige work and it sounds like he isn't interested any longer. It is fine that you have forgiven him, but it is time for you to move on with your life. Your children and you will be better off if you do get the divorce. Good Luck!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You have done what God wanted you to do and htat is try. I say you are ready, just keep asking God for guidance.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It sounds like you have done everything you could to save your marriage, so don't feel any shame... you've forgiven him, and now it's time to forgive yourself, and move on and get that divorce. It's your time to shine now. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Have some pride!! Jesus H., woman, why would you still want a man who's done that to you? Get your butt in gear and start getting on with your life. Even if he does end up back on your doorstep (which seems extremely unlikely) he's not worth anything and needs to be kicked to the curb. You have more value than the humiliation of accepting this dipsh*t back into your life. Forgive, honey. Then FORGET!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I understand, what you are going through. I am sure that you are trying to keep your marriage vows. It is a sacred thing. I know that when I made them, it was for life. If anything like this had happened to me, I dont know what i would do either. I keep the sanctity of marriage to the uttmost of importance. I made my vows for life, but i think that if it came down to it, and to him not wanting to work on it, and just wanted to be with the other women, then i wouldnt have a choice but to let him choose and let him go. But keep it in prayer, God will speak and comfort and be with you every step of the way! Stay in the word and stay strong in HIM and not on people. People can let us down, but God will never let us down. Make God your first priority in this time.
    Anonymous