Almost that time..what should I pack and when?

Okie dokie I am 35 weeks and I am almost ready to hit my due date which is next month. So I want to be ready and prepared what should I pack for my hospital bag? I mean this is my first pregnancy and most of the ladies I know only packed a few things and some waited until the last minute and forgot most things because of the rushing and being overwhelmed... Well what should be the things YOu would pack? I know atleast achange of clothes and tooth brush and baby go home clothes but what eles? lol thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In my bag I had a change of clothes for me a few pairs of underwear, toiletries, shampoo and stuff like that. The hospital should have diapers and pads. If you are nursing, you will need a nursing bra, and possibly a nursing pilow, I always prefered mine, but you can use extra pillows at the hospital too. I forgot them , but I really wish I had nail clippers for the baby, she was born with really long nails. If you want the hospital has t-shirts for the baby to wear, but I brought a few different outfits, just onsies and such cause I wanted top know which baby was mine without having to look for the tags on the bassinets. Extra batteries for your camera. baby book, pad of paper, you are going to have a ton of questions and will forget by the time you have achance to ask. Oh, and my hoispital didnt have baby wipes they wanted you to use a wet washcloth (really rough) so I had dh go buy extra wipes.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you are planning on going to the hospital as soon as posible I would also get relaxing things to take, some music, and a CD player, a heating pad, copy of birth plan if you have one. Hair scrunchies, non slip socks, lotion to get massages, and anything else that you might need to help with labor. Good luck! I know I have loaded alot of stuff but I am thinking of packing my bag already so all this is fresh in my mind!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We packed 2 different bags, one for the labor and delivery, and one for the hospital stay. For the labor, we had our music, birthing plan, massage oil, flavoring for the ice chips, gum for hubby (if your husband needs to eat during your labor, you'll need gum! You get extremely nauseaus), camera.. I don't really remember what else though.
    In the hospital stay bag, I had a book (never opened it!), paper and pens, quarters and dollars for the vending machine (sometimes the hospital food isn't what you want), snacks, pillow, nursing bras, clothes for baby and I to go home in, toiletries, makeup.
    Don't forget to pack stuff for hubby! A lot of times, he's forgotten about in all of this. A pillow for him and blanket. I heard someone hear they bought a twin size blowup bed for hubby so he could sleep on that instead of those uncomfortable things they have to sleep on.
    Anything that will make your stay more comfortable.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm 39 weeks with my second. I packed some comfy clothes, extra undies, pads and depends, socks, nursing bra's, portable DVD and movies/ fav. shows, fluff book, slippers, toiletries, any birthing and birth certificate paperwork. I'm also bringing camera with charger, cell phone with charger. Then I also have packed baby stuff, extra diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, clothes for baby.

Here's a good checklist that I found online-
    http://www.hospitalbag.org/print-hospital-bag-checklist.PDF
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• One of the greatest pieces of advice I got was to adjust the baby's carseat straps BEFORE I got to the hospital. I would have walked in with the belts in the top slots and having no idea how to loosen them! I used a stuffed animal that looked about the right size. Of course you should also have the base well installed in your car before you ever get there. The place I got my car has a carseat installation/ check that you can go in and get done for free at anytime so if you are in doubt I bet there's something like that near you too (I live in a pretty small place).
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Best advice I can give: Buy a pack of big cotton granny type panties, 1-2 sizes too big just for comfort, I promise you will need them. I didn't think about this before I had my 1st baby and al I took was my thongs, LOL. Had to call mom and tell her to bring me giant panties, LOL! Also love having a giant t-shirt type night gown or 2. Also a new pair of super soft cushy slippers 1 size too bi in case your feet swell. I also put my hair back into a pony and have my mom braid it for easy maintence. Adjust the car seat straps around a teddy bear or something before you go to the hosp. and install the carseat in the car you wil be talking the baby home in, will save you tons of time! you'll be happy you did, for a complete list there is one in "What to expect when your expecting" that is helpfull
    loriloriaustin

Answer by loriloriaustin at 2:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009