baby shower.....

my due date is April 13th and I want to have my baby shower in April like the date will be April 4th and its suppose to be a April shower... Most people say that the baby will most likely come like 2 weeks before or two weeks after but my grandmom say that since this is my first baby he will probably come like after my due date which means I will go over my due date. One friend told me that she had he first a week before the due dat and she thinks that my son will come on the 6. Im so hoping that he will come but not clashing with the baby shower. I want him to be here so much but I think he will be here when he gets here... So my question is whta should I do with the baby shower, should I continue to have it or what? I cant tell the future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my first baby three weeks early.

Have your shower at least a month before your due date to be safe.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i wanted to have it this month which is arch but i got off track so i pushed it back until next month...but thanks
    Anonymous

• I had mine for my first son 2 weeks before the due date. He was 5 days early. It worked out fine.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had mine two months before my due date, just to be safe. Three of my friends had what they called the "late shower jinx." One had her shower 6 weeks before the due date, and gave birth two days later. Two had showers scheduled a month ahead of their due dates, and they both had their babies the day before the shower. And these were all first babies. After that, everyone started planning showers for a lot earlier.

One thing to keep in mind: Most moms like to wash and put away the clothes, blankets, etc., they get at the shower prior to having baby. So I'd recommend making sure you have enough time to do that before you reach full-term.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009