ahh my son's schedule is wayy off.

i usually pick my son up from his father's house around 6pm sunday night, but my dad decided to pick him up around 2pm so my aunt could see him. well that day he didn't take a nap until 3 (and he usually naps at 1) then he didn't wake up until like 630. and i didnt put him to bed until 11. and last nite i had to put him to bed even later than that because he's not tired at 1 for his nap anymore. im goin crazy! i like having time to myself after i put him to bed at night but now i barely have any! how can i fix this??

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 11:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you're on a consistently late schedule, try moving it up 15 minutes a day. And if he's not sleepy then, too bad! If you're not ok with that, you could try skipping the nap one day and put him to bed earlier, or waking him up early from his late nap so he doesn't interfere with his bedtime.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yep all you can do to correct this is skip the nap one day and put him to bed early that night. Also, bedtime shouldn't be negotiable. If it's bedtime he needs to be in bed. He can read or play in his crib eventually he'll fall asleep but keeping him up just repeats the cycle and makes for a very stressed out mommy.
    maddysmomma

Answer by maddysmomma at 8:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009