We all know that FF moms feel attacked, what about BF?

Does anyone else ever feel like they are being attacked for BF? I mean, we (just like FF moms) are trying to do what we feel is best for our babies! Either they are calling us names for extended breast feeding (I have seen many posts where it has been called ¨borderline molestation¨ or ¨selfish¨) or saying that we are ALL attacking them! I personally, am glad that formula exists for those moms who need it. It is my choice to BF my son though so leave me alone! Anyone else feel this way?

JasonsMom2007

Asked by JasonsMom2007 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't care what you post. I will continue to say this. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU FEED THE KID AS LONG AS HE IS FED. Why continue to stir the pot lady? As I posted earlier.. I have one of each, one breast fed, one formula fed. They are in their twenties now and BOTH HAVE ALLERGIES and BOTH ARE SICK just the same. What the heck is the difference anyway. Just feed the kid and be quiet!!!
    Anonymous

• The majority of BF moms that I've seen are very anti-formula and do attack the judgement of the moms that choose it. I'm sure there are some that don't but everyone is an extremist these days. I'm sorry you feel attacked. There is no absolute right or wrong!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This is asked every single day and twice on Sunday!! Let's just all feel sorry for ourselves, because the way people treat us and our choices!

Anonymous

• At times. My grandmother doesn't understand why I'm still breastfeeding my 9 month old. He's not 9 years old! He's still a baby. That can be frustrating. And when people are worried that he's not eating enough solids (we still have him eating mostly bm), that's annoying.
    You can't let people bother you too much. I bf, but wouldn't tell a mom who's formula feeding that she's not doing a good job because of that. A lot of times I think women tend to think their way of doing things is the only way of doing things and anyone doing something else isn't as good of a mother. It's sad. We should all zip our lips unless a child is in danger
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OMG Yes! It drives me nuts! None of my friends are BF they are all FF and not because they can't BF but because they think BF is gross! It drives me insane we are all grown women and I don't say anything about the choices they have made as far as feeding their children goes but they just won't shut up over me! One of them actually said to my face when my son was 6 months old "Oh my god that is so gross I can't believe you are actually still doing that isn't he too old?" I was Livid!
    cristyanne

Answer by cristyanne at 12:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oh and for the record dont let the 2 anonymous ladies get to you, they probably just have a corn cob up their butt ;) Bottom line there are haters on both sides and it's stupid for anyone to be attacked (Including us BF moms) for the choices we feel are best for our family. As long as we are happy and our children are healthy that is all that matters.
    Lot's of love to all the mommies including you two Anonymous ladies
    cristyanne

Answer by cristyanne at 12:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I say more power to any woman who breast feeds. As I answered on another post, I breastfed all three of my babies but had to return to work each time. Even though I pumped at work, my breast mild slowly dried up. This last time, I didn't even make it 6 months and I really tried hard! I don't see why either side gets judged.....as long as the babies are healthy, that is what matters.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am a college student and I once heard some girls in one of my classes talking about someone breastfeeding their baby in biology. They were quite disgusted that she just "took her tit out". I know their are baby friendly professors all over the campus but I was not a shy breastfeeder with my son. Why not just whip it out and feed him? Honestly though, I am afraid of what these college kids are going to think. Hey, you know what though?! This baby is due in October and I just realized that a blanket would be quite discrete! My son was a July baby, and we lived in south Texas, ugg.. no blankets for us then. As far as formula vs. breastfeeding, well, I would never say anything against formula. Breastfeeding was hard for me! My nipples cracked and bled. He would eat for so long, 45 minutes a side and then hungry half an hour later! I had to cut dairy completely out. It's not for everyone, and that's okay with me.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i breastfed my dd,.it was the most natural thing and logical thing for me to do.i felt like my milk comes in for a reason.and it was such a wonderful bonding expireince for me.i however do not think that ffing moms are bad mothers i think that to each his own.i wont attack another mother for their choice.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sometimes, but not often. Most of my friends and family BFeed, at least for a little while.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009