My husband is joining the army, and I cant figure out what im going to do.

I am 8 weeks pregnant right now from what the doctors are telling me. Well my husband is joining the army and he is going to be gone for over a year between bootcamp and schooling. His schooling is going to be in Texas, and i live in NC. I am so confused about what i am going to do. My family thinks it will be best if i stay out here till he comes home, but yet i want to be out there with him. The only delima is if i move out there, i will only get to see him on the weekends, and my son will be away from the rest of the family. I dont know what to do, because i want to be with him and want him to see the baby after its born but at the same time i dont want to leave my family. If anyone can help me, please do.

Lil_Momma211987

Asked by Lil_Momma211987 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, this is a tough one. Do you live with him now? When he leaves will you keep the place in NC? Or move in w/ family? You could go for the first year to Texas and then move back to NC or take several flights back and forth? If he'll be gone a lot, your family's support will be very important. It is something to think about, good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My Husband is in the military and is currently away on military leave and I am 34 weeks pregnant with our first child. You could go with him,but you would have to wait until his boot camp is over to move because family or friends are not allowed around when they are in boot camp. It will be ok. I know how you feel. I havent seen my husband in some time and I miss him a lot.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hi! I am an army wife in texas at ft. hood as well and I had the same issue, when my husband got stationed at hood again whether i wanted to go or stay home close to my family and im so glad i did come. we bought a house in august and i really like it. My daughter is in school right now. Trust me... you will want to be as close to your husband as you can, and to be able to see him as much as possible!! My husband is gone now in Arizona on TDY, and as soon as he comes back in May he is deploying again. But I am not scared of being down here alone anymore because you really do adapt, and learn to rely on yourself!! I have a new found confidence in myself and strength I never knew I had.
    caliseB

Answer by caliseB at 12:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• a Few details that i left out so people will know, i do currently live with my husband, he will not ship out till may 5th. We own our house so i wont have to move out. I thought about flying out there but my family told me that they didnt want me to do that when he leaves. I know i am going to have to deal with him being gone, but i guess it just isnt easy, this will be the longest i have been away from him in 4 years. I know i dont need to take the babies away from their family, but i want them to be near their daddy too.
    Lil_Momma211987

Answer by Lil_Momma211987 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am a military wife, my hubby is in the Air Force. His basic training was only 6 weeks, and his tech school was only 3 months, so I had it a bit easier. Our baby was 2 weeks old when my husband left for his training. After the first 5 weeks, we went down and stayed in a hotel right outside the base so that we could go to his graduation and everything, then we stayed in the hotel for the 3 months of his training because we were allowed to join him at the chow hall for lunches and such, and for church services on Sunday mornings. It was nice even though it was just me and a little baby. After his training is done, you will be taking the kids from their family anyway, because he may not be stationed near where you live right now, and of course you would want to move with him. I know lots of wives whose husbands are deployed frequently or for long periods and they just make a community among themselves.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i am a army wife...and being one is one of the hardest things i have ever done... all i can say... is do you want to go with him? basic is tough and he is going to need to know u love him and ur there... the army is always moving these guys around so get used to it...everything i know is in maryland and i just moved to ga, thats just part of being an army wife...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My family told me the same thing, they didn't want me to move away but I talked to all of them and my place is with my husband. For some reason, they weren't understanding that I need to be were he is at. I think you should move with your DH, you should spend as much time with him as you can since you won't know when he is deploying. Your family should understand, it might be hard for them at first to deal with you being gone, but in the end, it's your marriage, not theirs.
    fairymom2316

Answer by fairymom2316 at 3:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009