weight gain!?

I keep gaining weight, i dont even eat real bad. Im 36 weeks & still feel like im gaining alot of weight. I just want it to stop, I mean i dont look unhealthy or anything & my belly is big, but not fat... but i still feel like im gaining excessively (sp?).
Im 36 weeks, and have gained 50+ lbs already throughout my pregnancy... What can i do to stop this weight gain??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I started gaining weight as soon as I got pregnant and my eating habbits were the same as when I wasn't pregnant. I gained over 100 lbs with my pregnancy and all throughout I asked my Dr. and she said "It is nothing to worry about." It upset me and in my last few weeks the water weight was terrible! I did, however, loose about 50 lbs ( water weight I assume) in the 6 weeks after delivery but the other 50 + has tried to stay with me and I am still fighting it :).

Are you having water retention?
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I gained 52 lbs with my pregnancy it's pretty normal. Just watch what you eat, try to eat healthy.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• this is my first pregnancy by the way....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• As long as you're eating healthy and getting at least some exercise (and by that I mean just walking and moving around) then I wouldn't worry too much about your weight gain. Every pregnancy is different, some women gain a lot and some barely gain anything. As long as you're healthy that's all that matters. I'd mention it to your doctor if its a real concern for you and you feel as though the weight gain was too sudden and too much.
    Diana0425

Answer by Diana0425 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i think i might be having water retention.
    My doctor made me feel bad about my weight gain last apt & now i have an apt on wens. & i feel like i wanna refuse to get weighed.... I mean im not eating bad, im just gaining.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I feel your pain! It is most likely water retention and your baby may be larger than the average baby. Don't let your Dr. make you feel bad!!!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Breads, pancakes, pasta, pizza, is bad. Walk lots, drink more water than anything
    Anonymous