Does anyone feel like ever just walking away?

I worry because lately that is how I feel my husband is growing in his career he is the only one working, and my son is just growing and sometimes he is just too much terribles twos x4 and will b tth way into his 3rd bday I am very patient with him you have to be so tht is one thing I've learned but like my question sometimes I daydream of walking away and thats all I see would it make a difference in their growing world? I know tht this question is very selfish of me but I just want some advice or answers to help me not feel this way and wht to do to make it better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that everyone feels like that once a while. It's when you serious consider it that could be signs of trouble. Perhaps you are depressed. Seriously you might want to go to the Dr. and discuss it with him, just to make sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• This is very normal. You are stuck being Mom, a choice you made and are aware of, but being Mom can be really tough. Not very satisfying for the brain, underappreciated, trying, tiring and the list goes on. This is motherhood, like it or hate it. We all go through this. Going to work is a breeze compared to staying home, in my opinion. You need to set some goals, remind yourself your job is so important and that your life will come back to you when preschool hits. Each day, get up, have a cup of tea, stroll your baby, do a workout tape or go to the gym and definitely set aside time for dates with your SO and also with girlfriends or other Moms so you can share your experiences and know you're not alone. Hang in there, this is a dry period but it improves.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You sound bored. You're too busy looking at everyone close to you and blaming them.

Don't take it out on your family.

It's time to find something that excites you. Take a class, learn something new!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think it is natural to feel that way. Most of us can admit to feeling that way at one time or another. Don't despair, hang in there, girl! It seems like the world is at a standstill at times and we're just getting up and going through the motions like robots, but believe me, it does get better. Before too long, you will look back and see all the changes that were taking place without your even realizing it. I know because I have been married 26 1/2 yrs. and have raised 2 boys 18 1/2 & 20 yrs. old. I look back at pictures & miss them being little. Don't "run away"! You would FOREVER regret it. You have a wonderful life, just embrace it & realize that you are VERY important in your child & husband's life. They need you!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 1:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• YES, YES, YES! I have felt this way many times. Considering running away was the only thing keeping me around at times. I knew how much it would hurt my daughter, and how she could never understand why. I agree that boredom is a major factor in these feelings. You need to find something in your life that is just for you. Something that makes you feel good and whole again. PM me if you like. I am a bit busy, but I will get back to as soon as I can.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 7:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009