I've been growing my locs for 3 yrs now and its time for a new start so I'm going to cut them, I have about 2-3 inches of new growth at the root. I still want to remain natural but I want to know should I cut them myself or go to a salon??? And do you have any advice on how to style it afterwards??

mommaj12

Asked by mommaj12 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'd go to a salon, if you only have 3 inches to work with (right?) you don't have much margin for error there. I've been seeing a lot of women around here rocking a natural afro, and I've been liking that. I've even seen some ladies coloring theirs with a dark burgundy - lol I know not totally natural, but the texture is I guess. I don't know a ton about ethnic hair, but I know what I like to look at ;-)
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh goodness, go to a salon!!!!!!!!
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• go to a salon, im a licensed hair dresser...how long is your current hair??? you have 3 inches of new growth which is good , but is the rest damaged?? Depending in if your hair is healthy or not will depend on the type of style you want to go for. I definately would not cut it yourself though because there is just no way to get a thourough cut doing it yourself,
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009