I'm almost 28 weeks and haven't felt my baby move in 3 days, i've been drinking cold drinks mainly water but today everytime i did I've been tthrowing it back up, should I be worried and go to the ER?

Shanelle1028

Asked by Shanelle1028 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it was ME, i would go to the ER just for a piece of mind, regardless of anyones suggestion.... thats just me though, I have found myself going to the ER if it was to late to call my doctor because i didnt feel the baby move... and them putting me on the monitor and hearing my babies heartbeat really reassured me..... and it seems like when they hook the monitor up to you, your baby will jump around and move lol....

If it makes you feel better to do that, than go... the worse thing that could happen is either you made a trip for nothing but have piece of mind that your baby is doing well, or something is wrong and you made the trip & found out rather than just sitting home & maybe not catching it in time....

Do what you feel best...
    message me & Keep me posted.
    I struggle with not feeling the baby, it freaks me out.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would call the doctor right away.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Three days? You need to call your OB/gyn.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Kick counting should start between 24-28 weeks. Before then, most mothers usually aren't able to feel their babies move consistently enough to use counting kicks as a method to rate their baby's wellbeing. Since you are at 28 weeks and have felt nothing or little to nothing in 3 days, yes, you should go to the Emergency Room. You really need to call your doctor as soon as you notice any abnormality in the number of movements that you're used to. Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you go the ER they can hook you up the the fetal monitors. Def go right away.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• 3 days with no movement at all? No moving when you push on the baby? No moving like no arm moving? That does not sound good. You need to call your OB. Drink some sugary drink, eat some protein, and lay down...then do a kick count..if no movement then go to the ER
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2009