ugh, idunno what to do!

i've been dating my boyfriend for almost a month and he's probably one of the best guys i've ever met! i could see myself marrying him someday, but the thing is we barely see eachother! like, we really only see eachother on the weekends because he lives about 30 min away. he's been having car trouble so he can't drive to my place, and i don't have a car to drive to him. should i wait it out and see what happens, or should i end it?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't have sex with him....If he ends it, he isn't serious about you. If he moves mountains to get his car fixed even if you're not in bed with him, he's a keeper!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm not sure why you would end a relationship with someone who was the best guy you ever met and you could see yourself marrying some day? Not being able to see someone often is very frustrating but it doesn't mean you can't make it work if you WANT to. I went an entire year only seeing my DH (who was my BF at the time) on weekends while I was away at college and then when he went to his fire academy. Sometimes the most successful relationships are the ones where you aren't in each other's face all the time. Do not do what I did. I was so love-sick and worried about what he was up to and if he still liked me the entire first year because I barely saw my BF. It was hard to concentrate on friendships and school. During the week, spend time with your family and girlfriends, concentrate on work and school and do your best, talk to him on the phone when you can and then enjoy the weekends with him.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It'll work out if it was meant to. You won't be without a car forever and he'll eventually be able to get his fixed.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

• i haven't had sex with him yet, and the thing i like about him is HE DOESN'T PUSH FOR IT! thank god.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• how can you see yourself marrying a guy you have been with for less than a month, and not even that but only on the weekends for a month? So I'm guessing you have seen him a total of 6 days or less and you can see marriage in the future? You are obviously not even mature enough to be ready for marriage if that's where your head is!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• a month? and u think u could marry him?!?!! woah!!! slow down girl!! do u even know his last name? lol...

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• okay everyone, i guess i should have made it more clear. I DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED. i've known him for wayyy longer than we've dated. AND i just meant that he was the kind of guy i wanted to marry one day. geeze.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Absence makes the heart grow fonder ;)
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sorry........

I really don't think anyone can be in a committed relationship with someone they never see. If he cares for you and wants to be with you that much, he'd find a way. And vice versa.

I don't think you have anything special with this guy. If you want it to turn into something special- you need to spend more time with him. If you couldn't care less either way, then just quit returning his phone calls and he'll take the hint.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009