Relationship hitting a low....................

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years and we have a 2 year old. Lately we have been getting on each others nerves and at times I just feel like we are totally wrong for each other. We have also become "bored" with each other sexually. I really love him but I am so worried. We are young (me -21, him- 22) and we planned on being together forever but if we are already getting bored whats gonna happen in 20 years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• i know when i get mad at my boyfriend i walk away then come back and tell him exactly how im feeling and hes not allowed to interrupt the rule is not yelling or pointing fingers...be totally honest and don't hold back. And about the sex life part....get a few "toys"
    Bipper

Answer by Bipper at 12:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Commitment doesn't mean a thing anymore. :-(

Through good times and bad people used to stay together because their little ones NEEDED mommy AND daddy! Nothing has changed over time...back in the old days, people got bored with each other sexually, and got on each others nerves. But, they recognized the kids were more important than THEM! Don't be selfish.

You two need to work things out for your baby's sake.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You know, I understand what your dealing with, me and my husband went through the same thing. I think that you two just need to sit down and talk about it. Think of ways to fix it, go out on a date without the baby, take a trip together, go out to a movie and dinner. I know me and my husband ended up getting so bad, the only way we fixed it was we ended up taking a temporary seperation. We hated eachother just about, before we did that. I think since we got back together, it has been so much better. I dont think that is the way to resolve it, but just think of things you guys can do to spice your lives back up and try and make things work.
    Lil_Momma211987

Answer by Lil_Momma211987 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• First of all I am not being selfish because our son is the NUMBER 1 reason why we will always be together. My boyfriend grew up without a father and being there for his son is the more important aspect of his life, and mine also. We love each other too much to leave each other, I just needed some advice on how to approach this little ditch we are stuck in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Another thing just because two people have a child doesn't mean that they have to stay together. Because the CHILD doesn't need to see MOMMY and DADDY fight all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• All relationships go through rough times as much as boring down times. What counts is you care enough to want to improve your relationship with your SO. I was with my husband since I was 19. I'm 28 now and still with the same man. Sex doesn't always fix the boredom. Do something spontaneous and maybe then introduce sex into the picture. For instance, cook your guy a great meal, afterwards give him a sensual massage and see where that leads. Or pretend you're heading somewhere and got lost, but drive to a place you've booked well ahead of time. Sometime, something as simple as showing appreciation for your SO would cure any boredom or lost passion you've once had. =)
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 12:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• good question and one that is obviously valid. Tell him to fix it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009