When talking about religion, why is it that Christians post as anon?

I'm talking about in posts when they are trying to be bold in standing up for what they believe in...why post anon? Why hide? That's being cowardly, isn't it?

I know not all Christians do it and I'm not bashing anyone here...I'm truly curious though. We all know we're going to be hated for believing in Christ by some...

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have said in other answers that the anon option needs to be eliminated. There is too much cyber bullying and personal attacts. The moderators need to be more on top of this issue and start some sort of discipline for people who resort to personal attacks.

As far as being attacked for my belief, so what, Jesus took a lot more than verbal abuse for me, I can take it for Him.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I never post as anon. If people don't like me than oh well. I've dealt with worse.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't get why people do that about anything they believe strongly in. It happens in posts about abortion, bf'ing/ff'ing, anything slightly controversial. If you really believe in what you are saying have the guts to stand behind those beliefs and post as yourself.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't. I do worry sometimes about offending someone else but I never post anon unless its a really embarassing question. Never because I feel passionately about something. I have stated my POV many times on here and never gotten any nasty PM or comments about it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• some people have been attacked in pm's and on their pages and that may be why. I never have been and I never post anon. God knows who I am and so I have no need to hide. I make every attempt to respond in love and compassion. I am sure some do not recieve that way and I am sorry if I do come across harsh at all . I do care about people of all walks of life and realise they have chosen the life they live. My job is not to change them but to love them and allow God to do the rest.
    There is no need to hide but be a shining light on a hill which the bible speaks of. It says not to hide under a bushel but shine bright into the darkness of the world. That is what I try to do. :-)
    Some people hide out of fear, understandably so but if there was a complete trust in the Lord and a willingness to shine they have nothing to fear! :-) Blessings!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• They are afraid of being targeted. I've been attacked for my stance on abortion, but I was willing to stand up for it. I think that Christians who post anon are too afraid to defend their beliefs or don't know how to defend themselves when confrontations occur.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• well i consider myself trying to be a christian and i dont post anon... and all people of different religions post anon....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't know why anyone posts anon.. to me it's really stupid.. and I wish they would do away with it.. you really would do away with a lot of the stupid bashers that way.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not everyone who posts anon is being nasty, but often they are disrespectful. I certainly believe that you can disagree with someone's viewpoint without getting unpleasant. I don't think I will ever understand why people do that.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Agree!! If you're going to be high and mighty in your post than show your face!! I don't think only Christians do this but it sure seems to be the majority. If you can't show your face then maybe you shouldn't be spouting off.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009