Am I 4 or 5 months?

I was told by my doctor you start counting week 1-4 because of a full 9 months.which at 19 weeks would make me 5 months,at least thats what I've been telling everyone.Then a nurse told me differently, and I began to look up something which said you dont count till 4 weeks.Which would make me only 4 months pregnant.Now I'm all confused,so which one is it?advice appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never went by months, only weeks. Months is calculated differently by everyone. You can't go wrong with weeks!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• how ever many weeks your doctortold u that you are, you divide that by 4 (4 weeks in a month) and that is how many months you are
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• yeh i myself never went by months either.... if someone asked me i said how many weeks i was... the months thing is to confusing and stupid.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• not every month has exactly four weeks in it though.... so remember that...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• doctors go by Lunar months because not every month has exactly 4 weeks... they couldhave 30 days or 31 days or 28 29... lunar months have exactly 28 days in them 4 weeks of 7 days =1 lunar month..
    this is how my dotor expained it to me
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I used my due date to figure out the months. I was due on the 20th so on the 20th of each month, I advanced myself one month.
    I used the day of the week to figure out the weeks. I was due on a Thursday so on every Thrusday, I advanced myself one week.

This also works for figuring out your baby's age once she arrives. Use the day of the week she is born to figure out how old she is in weeks. Use the day of the month to figure out how many months old she is.

Why? Because there are more than 4 weeks in a month. If you only go with 4 weeks in a month, you will be pregnant for 10 months, not 9.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• According to What to Expect When You're Expecting, the 5th month occurs at 18-22 weeks. At 19 weeks, you are just over 4 months pregnant because you have completed 4 months of pregnancy. When you complete 22 weeks, you will have completed 5 months of pregnancy and will then be "5 months pregnant."

This is because one week elapses when you hit the same day of each week and a month elapses when you hit the same DATE (not day) of each month.  There aren't always 4 weeks to a month, there are sometimes more and sometimes less.  You are technically pregnant for 10 months but you only count for 9 (hence it being difficult to tell how many traditional-pregnancy-months you are).  Hope that helped!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• In a book and some papers they gave me from my obgyn from the hospital: Month1: 1-4weeks, Month 2: 5-8weeks, Month3: 9-12weeks, Month4: 13-17weeks(which month 4 is where it like starts to be 5 weeks in a month and not 4). Month 5: 18-22weeks, Month 6: 23-27weeks, Month 7: 28-31weeks (only 4 weeks in this month). Month 8: 32-36weeks, Month 9: 37-40weeks.
    Anonymous