with 3 kiddos and a boyfriend, why do i feel so alone still?

mommyst3

Asked by mommyst3 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• There could be a million people in your life but if you're not getting the kind of social interraction that you need, you're going to end up feeling lonely. Children are wonderful but your role in their lives is their caretaker and provider. They cannot provide friendship to you like another adult female can. Your boyfriend has a romantic relationship with you but even that can't fill the void of friendship all the time. You need to take some time out from your "giving" relationships (you give a lot more of yourself each day to your kids and BF than you think) and work on getting some "you" time and hanging out with a friend every once and a while.

Feeling depressed and misereable can also be the signs of a diet that needs improvement. Try intaking foods with more B vitamins, iron and zinc. Eat lots of fiber and cut out sodas (caffiene literally whips your adrenal glands into a miserable frenzy). (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• (cont.) cut out processed breads (white rice, white bread, starch products that are over-processed) and cut out processed meats (lunch meat, grocery store sausages, most types of chicken nuggets etc.) our bodies cannot actually digest those things properly any way. Try exercising a little and get those feel-good endorphines moving.

I also suggest that people consider prayer, going to church and getting involved with church activities. I won't elaborate on this one because not everyone is religious.

If you already do those things or go ahead and try those things and they don't work, you may have clinical depression. Try seeing a therapist to determine if your depression is caused by life experiences that need working/talking out OR if perhaps you have a neurotransmitter imbalance in your nervous system that may be able to be improved by medication.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with everything NovemberLove has said. I have those days too and I am very active with my husband and 3 kids. But somedays it feels like I have no one. That's when I know it is time to get out of the house with a friend and do something. We all need adult interaction. I LOVE being with other moms at the ballfield while the kids are practicing. The coach is caring for the kids and I can get caught up with girlfriends. Some nights at home while everyone is asleep, I feel all alone- I call my bestfriend who lives in another state and talk for hours. It's amazing what a good friend can do for us.

BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• because you need God in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009