What is a Spiritual Agnostic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Agnosticism (aka Spiritual Agnosticism) is often termed as the "middle ground" between being religious and being atheistic. As far as I know, someone who is agnostic does believe that there are spiritual forces around us being at work (and therefore are not a-theistic a=absence and theism=God) however, they do not believe in one identifiable deity or religion.

I usually don't like Wikipedia because anyone can edit and add to it regardless of knowledge and credentials (so it isn't always a reliable source) but I did like their explanation when I tried to find links to help you further learn abou it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• a spiritual Agnostic won't define a higher power.. but most spiritual agnostics that I know lean more toward a lot of Pagan and Buddhist practices without falling into line with following any diety.
    sorry if that doesn't make any sense.. It's late and my mind is falling asleep.. the rest on me just won't follow suite. lmao.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• That would be me! I believe there is a higher power but I don't conform to a religion. I believe different parts of different religions but live my life spiritually.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• hazeldove is right. I have buddhist and pagan leanings.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm what would be considered a spiritual atheist, in that I believe in spirits because at one time, I was able to see them and there are numerous pictures of them on the Internet. I believe that there is a great energy that binds all living things together to the point that it is a part of us, and that we will return to as spirit energies when we die. I know that angels exist because they have manifested themselves to me (as the christians put it). But I don't believe in any gods or goddesses as separate cognizant entities. There are no pictures of them. They don't manifest to me if they do exist. A spiritual agnostic is probably the same. Willing to accept the proof if it is real and ready to doubt it if it sounds like a crock of...well, you know what!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009