cant seem to get ride of the baby blues

i know it takes a while
and im happy during the day but at night
when im the only one awake
i seem to get it bad
and i just cant seem to stop crying
i also had a bad day my mom ditched me and my baby
my little girl had to get her PKU test done and my mom called once then never showed up
that really upset me and since then anything
even just talking makes my eyes water up
i feel like i could be headed toward major depression but idk
if its just a feeling or if its really happing
should i still talk to my doc or just wait to see wut happens????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GO GO GO! TOMORROW!
    Baby Blues is just that - the blues. What you describe sounds more severe. You deserve to be happy, your baby needs you happy, you deserve to enjoy as much of this first year as you can. GO!
    If it's not PPD, your doctor can reassure you. If it is PPD, your doctor can get you help.

And consider joining a moms group. Try www.MomsClub.org, www.MOPS.org, or look for a local informal group on meetup.com or in yahoo's group section.

PLEASE, from someone who's been there - GO!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Baby Blues occur in days 1-10 of your post partum period and are completely normal. If your feelings of sadness extend past that (up to 6 months after giving birth), you are most likely sufferin from Post Partum Depression. GET HELP. True, Clinical Depression can be hard for us to diagnose in ourselves and hard to convince ourselves that we need help for because everyone experiences feelings of Depression every once and a while. if you are crying at night, if you are having trouble sleeping, if you are finding it harder to cope when bad or dissapointing things happen, you are very likely suffering from PPD. You do not and should not have to feel this way. There is plenty of help out there for you and your OB/GYN is more than willing to help you. Give your doc a call first thing when they open. Chances are, they'll fit you right in.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i had it too n still kinda have it...meds help alot..add me if ud like so we can chat,id love to help u,i know what ur going threw,ive been here twice
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 1:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel! Go talk to your dr. Today! Tell them how your feeling and they should be able to get you in. My PPD started this way.... IF you have it it would be great to catch it early! You're not alone! So many women feel the same way and never talk about it. It's great cause you recognize this isn't yourself. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or just want to vent. Kaitlyn.Altman@gmail.com take care!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009