Has anyone had a problem with the Pampers Swaddlers leaking,?

I am a first time mother and I have a newborn that is 3 weeks old, we have used the same diapers since he was in the hospital but for some reason they leak and his diaper will not be wet but you or his blanket will be wet, is there something that I may be doing wrong or is it the diaper, it didn't seem to happen until he was 2 1/2 weeks old. Please help.

sloshyfeet

Asked by sloshyfeet at 1:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that used to happen to me cuz i wudnt put diaper all the way up her bak cuz it was too small.try upping the size unless u think it wud b to big
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 1:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• no, i've never had a problem with pampers leaking. Is the diaper too big for him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes, and I tried the next size up...and it seemed to get better.

But above all I prefer Huggies. They're comfy and very absorbent and she doesn't react at all to them.

I have found that Luvs isn't as absorbent as huggies or pampers, and she seemed to develop diaper rash when I tried them. I switched back to Huggies and doubled up on her bum cream and it cleared right up.

Generic brand diapers are cheap and you get what you pay for in that regard.

Just my experiences with diapers. Hope it helps.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a girl so Im not sure if this is true, but I heard for a boy you have to "tuck" it down...toward his butt or they will pee out the top.
    My DD used pampers, never used anything else and never had a problem...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i LOVE pampers swaddlers my daughter has no problems with it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Different brands (even the generic ones) are going to fit your baby best at different stages of his growth. Diaper brands that leaked for me earlier on are now working wonderfully. Diaper brands that worked great when he was first born are now leaking. It's a trial and error process. You can help aleviate the annoyance of the mess a little bit by checking the diaper thoroughly when you put it on to make sure all necessary areas are covered. I notice that my son leaks more when the diaper tabs at the waist are uneven or if I forgot to make sure that the lining around the diaper isn't giving him a little wedgie or isn't tucked into one of his little baby-fat leg rolls lol. Also try to make sure his penis is pointing down if you can (he may be peeing up out of his diaper, not even getting the diaper wet.

You're not doing anything wrong. Leaks happen!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• NovemberLove hit it right on. When I used paper diapers I was constantly switching between Huggies and Pampers, because they fit DD differently. Once I switched to cloth, I had no more problems.

Are you making sure his penis is facing downwards? I don't have a boy, but Ive been told that if he is wet up the front, this is usually the problem.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Never I love them
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am huggies fan!! Not the supreams, just the reg.. My son leaks through everthing... And you dont have to tuck it down, lol
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 8:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have 3 boys and i use the pampers swaddlers I like them, and I believe you do need to tuck it down, It has made a difference when we didnt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009