acid reflux disease!

my daughter has been diagnosed with acid reflux and she used to puke everything untill we put her on axid and make her sleep in her car seat.can anyone else relate? how long did it last? what did u do? when can i lay her flat? any advice?

mamacita4two

Asked by mamacita4two at 1:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has acid reflux disease who is 6 months right now.. we were feeding him Enfimil Lipil, we have to still put cereal in his bottles and in all jar food he eats. The naval doctors gave him liquid Zantac and we were told to let him sleep on his belly..due to the amount he puked up and to keep him from aspirating...which seemed not to help much either..also when we feed him we have to feeding him until 4-5 months only 2 oz at a time and make sure to burp him to help him keep it down..leave him upright for 30 - 45 mins before laying him down..and then we also changed his formula to Nutramagin (sp sorry) which has different proteins in it and it didn't irratae him soo much..he doesn't puke as much now..
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 8:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We went through it with my youngest. We finally added a little cereal to her milk (per doctor's suggestion) to help her keep it down. It worked well enough to keep her off the medicine, and she seemed much more comfortable. She did gain weight and become a fat little baby, but it all came right off when she started walking and is now a scrawney little toothpick at the age of 5.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My son had painful acid reflux until he was about 6 or 7 months old. After he started solids, he spit up a lot less. We had him sleep on an incline until he was 5 months old. I wouldn't lay him flat for at least 30 minutes after eating to reduce the amount of throw up, but it would happen no matter what we did. Your daughter's system just needs time to mature.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• What is Axid? My son had severe reflux but I have not heard of that one...I read a lot of studies about how the carseat sleeping can actually make things worse, even though we tried that for a point before I learned that. I wish I could find them to link you to but I can't locate them right now....at any rate, we bought an Amby bed and seriously from the night we got it on my son slept through the night until he was much older and started having unrelated sleeping issues from his autism. It's pricey but worth every penny, it's a special bed for babies with reflux. www.ambybaby.com

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Our Son had it as an infant. We found out his was because he was lactose intolerant, and i was nursing and LOVE dairy. I stopped the dairy and he stopped throwing up.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My son had reflux as an infant. He was breastfed, and the doctor didn't ask us to stop, or add anything, except for the Axid. He stopped taking it around 8 or 9 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009