Tucks

did anyone use the Tucks Wipes to help with your hemmroids? Did they work? I've been using them for about a week now and haven't really seen any improvement.

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, there isn't really a cure for hemorrhoids (other than removal or them going down on their own) :-( Tucks serve to keep the area clean (to reduce the chance of infection) as well as provide some comfort.

Majorly sucks, I know.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Ask your doctor how to put them back in. There is a way to get them to go away but you need to do it with proper care so ask your doctor. Don't be embarrased either. It happens to lots of women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i know this might sound weird but my sister had them too when she was pregnant and nothing helped so she went to a doctor thats specialized on herbs etc and he gave her some organic chamomile, kinda like tea bags but bigger. you soke them in hot water and put it on "there" for 2-3 minutes a few times daily. it worked wonders also she took warm baths with chamomile tea bags

good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Use preparation H on a tucks pad. You can also use hydracortisone. I alternated. Hold it on for a minute. Mine don't bother me at all now, and they are tiny again.

If you are postpartum, have your doc check them at your 3/6 week check. They can set up an appt to take care of the rest if you need.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh i thought you meant tummy tuck;/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I used Tucks after the birth of my DD and loved them! The pads I had to wear felt abrasive and irritated me and Tucks helped enormously. They also cooled and soothed the episiotomy stitiches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009