Okay I asked this before but I wanted to ask all the night ladies

Since yall are so much cooler lol, I need some ideas for a wedding reception, it has to be quite inexpensive and simple because we (myself and DF) are doing this all on our own with a very tight budget, but its for about 20 people, my DF doesn't want to do a BBQ with BYOB so thats out, and we have no one that we know that has a back yard nice enough or big enough for us to do it in, so any suggestions, this right now is about my only big stresser on the wedding (except for the dress but thats a whole other question lol) so please any ideas would be great!
Oh and the wedding is in June so here in Cali thats pretty hot outside

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • well if you do find a back yard, i would suggest doing an evening reception. you can get some inexpensive lanterns maybe in a soft summery color that you could make your theme. they usually cost 5 dollars each and it will make any out doors space look romantic in the evening. if you consider dancing hook up an i pod with a list of songs and play it through some speakers. you can put large glass vases with big candles in 4 corners and "mak a dancefloor". either invest into one nice floral arrangement or you can get roses in bulk and just place them into budvases on a long table.. looks cute=)
    since its only 20 guests you really dont need much space. just remember the smaller the space the less amount of deco you need.
    try pages like orientaltrading.com
    partycity.com
    foreverwed.com
    foreverwedstore.com
    cupcakes are great money saver as well maybe top all cupcakes with a cute topper or edible

good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you close to the beach go there, just throw a party lol.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• we had everyone over for a pool party, lots of food, cake and alcohol,lol It was laid back and fun....
    Are you looking for a dress??
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You're in San Berdoo...how about a park? Or up in Big Bear ? It will be cooler and more comfortable there.

You can do a simple afternoon reception with cake and appetizers, no full meal.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• polynesian theme! it's cheap, easy, and there are all sorts of things you could layer to eat... we had a dinner like that at church once, and it was awesome!

plus, you could serve fruity cocktails and wine coolers as opposed to the keg!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• yes. you can do it at a beach for free.
    Also, i just went to a wedding where EVERYTHING from the dress to the chruch to the food and the cake. EVERYTHING was donated. ...so you might try looking into some of your local services. call around to chruches and other buildings that might offer you their place at low or nothing. Do a pot luck. Where everyone brings a little something to eat. Ask your scrapbook sister (or whoever) to do the photo's. Buy your flowers, napkins, plates, whatever ...at the dollar store! Use other ppl's wedding extras. For example, at my wedding we used my IL's cake cutter. it had thier names and date on it ...but no one noticed.
    That's all i can think of right now.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yeah I am looking for a dress 4x4mum , that is flattering though because well I am not skinny minnie, and we are actually having the wedding itself in Moreno Valley gdiamante so if ya know of any good ones let me know
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Ok, for this to really work, you would need the wedding to be mid morning or VERY early afternoon - like no later than say 12:30 / 1 pm.

Then, you can have the reception, and, if you wanted, even the wedding, at a park. It doesn't have to be a bbq. Often State / National parks will have cabins / meeting facilities and you could rent it and have it there, with the beauty of the park as your backdrop.

Do it as sort of "an afternoon tea in the garden" theme at the park - put the food in the cabin or gazebo or tent that you rent (try to avoid a picnic shelter if you can), then you could set up tables around outside the cabin etc, with table cloths and so on.

You could serve meat and cheese trays, fruit and veggie trays, etc - basically finger food sorts of stuff, like at a tea. You could get those from the deli counter at a lot of groceries, or you and your family / friends could make them yourself in advance.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hey Haute I never got my invite! LOL, I know Moreno Valley will be super HAUTE (hot) and a strapless gown would be...oh my, sexy and saucy!!!

bride

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009