other than looks whats the different between a metal crib and a wood crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in About CafeMom

• metal cribs are more hazardous
    Anonymous

• Metal cribs often have potentially harmful heavy metals and wooden cribs dont. ...that's the only difference i know of, but i havnt had a baby of my own yet. (i'm a SM).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Do they even make metal cribs anymore??
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Wow, I've never seen a metal crib, so I could give you my "guess" on what could be cons for a metal crib, as pro would be having a place to put the baby and that's pretty big. Cons would probably be because metal holds temperature better than wood, meaning that if introduced to extreme heat or cold, say on very hot days or cold days the crib can make that temperature stronger and possibly harm the baby, but there are crib padding's and in this day and age heaters/air conditioners.  Another con could be that metal is a harder substance than wood and therefore if the child were to fall (around 9 mo's they tend to edge around the crib) it could possibly hurt itself more than if it hit itself on a wood crib.  Again, these are facts based on my knowledge of metal and since I have no knowledge of the padding or crib features itself I could not tell you for sure one is better than the other.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009