Could I be??

My baby is almost three months old and I haven't had my period yet. I was stupid and didn't use protection when DH came home on R&R last month. I plan on getting a test, but I guess my question is, when did you get your period after baby? and ionly breastfed for the first three weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't get my period until 14 months post partum but I breastfeed all during that time so that doesn't really help you I guess. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My DD is 18 months and I just had my first the last three days
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I also breastfed and had mirena
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't know how true this is, but I've heard on here a couple times that you are the most fertile right after you have a baby.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I've heard that too. That's why i'm so concerned. I have three kids now, got pregnant with each one within a month of trying. This time around, though, not intentional....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes, you could be.

LAM (the attempt to use the abscense of your period due to breast feeding as birth control) is only effective if you are breast feeding at least every 2-4 hours. Since you haven't BFed at all since your baby was three weeks old, you are not protected. While the abscense of your period can signify the abscense of ovulation, it doesn't mean you didn't ovulate and therefore were about to get your first period this month. Even without a period, you should consider yourself to be able to start up your cycle and therefore be able to become pregnant at any time.

I got my period 7 weeks post partum and then again 35 days later (and am waiting for my third period now), despite the fact that I am BFing every 2-4 hours (I know, not fair right?) Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I nursed my ds, who was 6 mos. We used condoms, properly and EVERY time, and I hadn't had my period when I got pg with my dd.

It is quite possible. I would get a test. I hope the results are what you're hoping for!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i didn't, for like 3 months, my baby's are 14 month apart. You are more fertile now though.
    shirley_serrano

Answer by shirley_serrano at 1:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009