did your mom ever

spank you and take your birthday away over something stupid?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 1:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes.

I had actually gotten through my entire birthday party before saying something bratty (I had a big mouth). The rest of my special day was cancelled though and I wasn't allowed to play with my presents until I was done being punished. I think I was like 7 or something.

My parents beat the living snot out of my rebellious behind (in the form of spanking). Many a spoon was broken over my butt. I can't say it was abusive (unnecessary, yes) but I can say that I most likely will not be spanking my own children. "Spare the rod spoil the child"...my parents wanted to make sure that didn't happen lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not that I can remember!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my mom did, all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nope my mom never did.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my mom doesnt believe in beating or spaking a child.. all she had to do was look at us from the side and we were scared lol anyway as far as punishment i dont know any mother that would "take away" the birthday of a child.. isnt that type mean?
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my mom wasnt around lol
    and my dad was too busy working...it takes alot to raise two kids on $11 an hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i believe in strict punishments.. with the way kids are now days.. i would take a bithday a way.. good idea!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I got spanked by my mom but she never took anything as special as a birthday away....can you actually take a birthday away? lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• glossyblack, was a figure of speech... punish you and then restrict you from something as well, over something you felt you shouldn't have gotten in trouble over in the first place?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I got beat plenty, never had my birthday taken away. Now, she just doesn't call on it.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009