ok, what's the most ridiculous thing you have ever -

So, what's the most ridiculous, over the top, no way in a million years would you ever do this, thing that you have said to your kids? I mean things that they KNOW you would NEVER do, but you say it anyway?

For example, I've said to my teens, if you don't stop fighting, I'm gonna knock you into next week. (this cracks my ds up, since he's bigger than me LOL)

When the kids were little, my dh used to tell them that he was going to string them up by their toes and hang them from the ceiling fan! lol - they always thought that sounded like fun.

Now, he tells them he's going to sell them to the circus...

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 1:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to tell my friends that I was going to sell my toddler on Ebay. I haven't said anything goofy to her yet, she just turned three.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't think it was my parents but someone once told me "girl, straighten up or I'll half-kill you."

How do you half-kill someone?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• LOL - I think I'm gonna have to remember those two... :-)

Next time, when my dh says he's going to sell them to the circus and our dd says "empty threats dad, empty threats", I can tell her - yeah, well he might not sell you to the circus, but I'm gonna sell you on ebay ;-)

Then, when our ds laughs when I say I'm gonna knock him into next week, I can tell him "keep laughing, all I have to do is half kill you first, then it will work" ;-)

lol - seriously though -those really are funny :-)

Oh - one other one - my mil said she used to say about my dh that she was gonna flush him down the toilet!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• btw - the way you half kill someone is by knocking them into next week, of course :-P
    sailorwifenmom

• I tell my son I will knock him into next Tuesday (don't even know where I got that from) and he asks which Tuesday and what month? He says that as a joke, I also like to tell him "Don't make me get all ghetto on you"! oh and my brother tells his kids "Don't make me beat you like a red-headed stepchild"
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I used to tell my brother "I'll slap you naked and hide your clothes"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I've tried very hard to never say the cliches we grew up with until one day next week when my 15 y/o daughter with ADHD and ODD was giving me an especially difficult time and stomped upstairs to her room screaming at me so I told her to be sure to unlock her window so that the gypsies would come and take her away in the night...lol. She said good, I hope they do and I told her that they'd turn right around and bring her back, but I'll have the locks changed by then...lol. She just slammed her door. Gotta love teens!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oops...I meant "last" week...lol....I haven't finished my coffee yet.
    PrydferthMenyw

• I constantly tell my kids I'm going to duct tape them to the ceiling. LOL My DS thought it was hysterical when he saw a youtube video of a college kid being duct taped to the wall. I said 'see, it could happen!'. LOL I also tell them I'm going to kick them in the forehead.
    5Monkeys

Answer by 5Monkeys at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009