• In the Spotlight:

how much would you pay for this cake...?

for DD's second B-day we are doing a halloween theme cause her birthday is october lol. (I know its early but I like to throw GREAT birthdays lol.) Well I want her cake to be shaped like a pumpkin, and I dont mean a sheet cake cut like a pumpkin, I want it too look like a really pumpkin and the stem to be shaped like the number two...
So how much would you pay for a cake like this? How much is too much?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• $80
    Anonymous

• I would pay $75.00.

How much is too much? That all depends on where you stand financially, I guess. I personally wouldn't pay over $100
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I personally wouldn't pay more than $50. It's just going to be eaten. For a normal birthday in my house, I wouldn't pay more than $30.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you know how to bake you can probably do this yourself!! Then it wouldn't cost much at all!
    Otherwise, I would probably go with the first poster and say $75. I would try to find an independent cake maker instead of going to a chain store also, their prices are usually better and the quality is a lot better than what you would find in a grocery store or large chain bakery. But I love the idea!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't pay more than $30. And for that price, I would still do it myself lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Since it's your daughters birthday, I'd invest in a 3-D pumpkin pan, so I could make it every year! I have at least one good cake/muffin/tart pan for every holiday/event. Nordic Ware makes several including mini pumpkin pans! I'm sure if you shop around (check Ebay) you'll find one fairly cheap. You can buy decorating supplies (frosting tints, fancy edible sugars, and accents) online or at larger craft or baker supplies stores.

I would just buy a numeral candle to place on top. And I'd likely make Fall themed candies/ lollipops to coordinate with the theme.  Save money and so it yourself, you can have your daughter help too!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• 40 max
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• For a cake like that to made from a bakery it will be over 40 at least. I wouldn't spend more than 75 like the first poster said. If you're not into baking it's probably worth it to you.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My mom is paying $80 for our son's first birthday cake(s) that will serve 150 (102 adults and 39kids). We have been planning the party for 4 months.......and it's 2 weeks away now...We have a lady customizing Thomas The Tank for only $35.00 and we are having HEB do the other cake for $45.00 plus we will also get a free cake just for Zeke since it's for a first birthday. Look around you might find someone that will be resonable.
    08blessing

Answer by 08blessing at 9:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• $80
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009