What would you have liked after giving birth?

When you were in the hospital *after giving birth* what would you have liked, or what did you get that you liked? Flowers, diaper cakes...etc. ANY ideas are welcome. This is for my SIL. Also would you have liked stuff not in the hospital and at homei nstead.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i havent gone through it yet, but i would think most moms would love to come home to a clean house....i know i would lol. if thats not do-able, diapers & carepackages, maybe just extra help around the house at first... =) good luck!!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My big brother was working at Olive Garden at the time, and he brought me dinner the next day, so I didn't have to eat icky hospital food. That was the best.

I had a friend bring me a bracelet, it was really pretty and it was nice to get something that was just for me.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would of liked a flatter stomach! and no stretchmarks, hernias, cellulite, hairy body double chin etc I wish I wouldnt have gotten any of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Juice! I drank maybe 2 gallons of juice. I was so thirsty and didn't feel like eating much....but that is just me.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• food my mom and dad would always bring me up food when they came cause they knew i was picky when it came too what i would eat still am and hope they or someone else will do the same i am a yankie in a southern state i do not do that gritts and other soul foods i guess you could say also i liked the nurses they where so helpful and would come in and talk when they could just so i wasn't alone
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I always got chocolate
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• to be left alone! lol.. to go home- its a joke to tell someone they can actually get rest in a hospital... it depends on what she likes. and how much you have to spend. is this their first child? you could get a small peice of jewelry with child(ren)'s birth stone on it... if she is nursing-a good nursing book... Food is always great! is she a "memory keeper" or scrapbooker? then something small that could be tucked away/ put in a scrapbook would be great... even just a sweet card & balloon can be great
    im sure whatever you get she will be thankful & enjoy it.. BUT you may want to ask you brother what HE is getting her!!! Alot more mom these days want a "push gift!"
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My best friend cooked a couple of dinners for me and froze them so I could just reheat them. That was the best gift since it was one less thing I had to worry about after coming home. After my 4th son was born I had to have an emergency hysterectomy and my youngest sister came over and cleaned my whole house and made us dinner in the crockpot. I wasn't aloud to lift anything other than my baby so that was a huge help.
    deedees77

Answer by deedees77 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You know the one thing most women forget? Socks! I wished i had some real fluffy socks in the hospital. It was cold, and I was there for three days on meds. And just something just for her. Everything is going to be focused on the baby, that anything for her would probably make her happy.
    shirley_serrano

Answer by shirley_serrano at 1:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009