Ways to get babies to like green beans?

My 6 month old doesn't like them very much. Whats something I can do? Any recipes for green bean baby food?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 2:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would maybe try combining them with other vegetables. I used to take vegetable baby food my daughter didn't like and mix it with her favorites (squash and sweet potatoes were her favorites) and gradually reduce the amount of the other food I mixed in until it was just the one she didn't like originally. It worked. Not that she likes them now though lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I like the first answer, of mixing it with others. Otherwise, just keep giving them to him. My oldest son hated them with a passion, from babyhood til about 2 yrs ago, when he was around 6. I always put them on his plate though, and when he was feeding himself, told him he had to take at least one bite. One night, he took that bite, and ate all of them. He can't get enough of them now. Tastes change as you get older, and sometimes you just have to kind of wait them out.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• just keep trying.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't remember what a 6 month old is like... are they eating any table food at that point? If they are eating the real things, maybe let them eat them with their fingers? I know when I worked at a daycare our babies loved eating them with their fingers! If it's baby food still, I would try the mixing like mama said. Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• at 6 months babies shouldn't be eating whole foods. They should be just starting on cereals and maybe a very mashed banana.
    Anonymous

• you cant force you child to eat what they dont like. Maybe trying to find out what veggie he/she likes to eat and just feed them that.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how many teeth they have. At that age, I cut the beans in small pieces and let him eat them as table food. Don't force the child though, he will eat when he is ready.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If its baby food, try warming it in the microwave for about fifteen seconds. Sometimes it isn't the taste they don't like, its the texture. If you warm it up and mix if really well they then texture is a little different. Just keep trying!
    AnsleyClaire

Answer by AnsleyClaire at 7:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009