How can I get my 4 month old to nap for longer than 30 minutes?

KellyL1976

Asked by KellyL1976 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies get into a pattern then as soon as your use to it, BAM! There out of there pattern. You won't be able to control the nap even if your best friends kid naps for 2 hours every time. So maybe you have to just roll with the punches for now. I promise as long as your kid is normal, they will nap longer one day. Just not today. Peace!
    Jgirl

Answer by Jgirl at 1:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try a routine everyday and make sure nap time is undisturbed by light, noise, or other family members. ;)
    Madison did this for awhile and now she sleeps for over an hour.
    I make sure she has her paci and it swaddled tightly too...its part of our routine.
    If naptime comes at the same time everyday they will learn it and feel secure and sleep longer.
    Hope that helps!
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 1:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree with the second one. Make sure you try to put her down every day at the same time. That's what I did with Kaitlyn and she still akes 2 naps a day and she is 14 months old. When she was 4 months old she was napping 4 times a day. I had to swaddle her up until she was about 9 months old. Try swaddling her. Also, I had to put a big fan her her room. Like a box fan for some white noise. That way she can't hear you out in the kitchen or living room. Good luck sweety. Let me know if any of that works.
    kaitlynsmom428

Answer by kaitlynsmom428 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My son is almost 7 months, and he is just now stretching out his naps. I'm not doing anything differently! You could try some of the suggestions that the previous posters left, but don't get frustrated if they don't work for your baby. As your baby gets older, he/she will nap longer for you!
    IlovemylilChase

Answer by IlovemylilChase at 9:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my DD didnt streach her naps out to over 30 mins. until she was 9 months old.
    when she does wake up from her nap after only 30 mins. i just rock her back to sleep, or sometimes she wont fall asleep but she lets me rock her...so shes still getting some rest.
    kelcee_eric_bry

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 11:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008