Potty training my 31mos old

My ds has been going in the potty since a week after his 2nd birthday on his own. Now he does great so long as he's naked. He will go in there, lift the toilet lid and pee. He will run in there if he has to poop and get up there on his own. No stool, no toilet seat cover. He goes in there, does his business, then comes to me saying eww then bending over so I can wipe his butt.

Well when we add underwear to the equation, he stops completely. He just pees himself and the occasional poop. I want to get him in preschool in August but he has to be potty trained. He does wear a cloth diaper at night time, but that's the only time during the day that he will wear a diaper. During the day, if we go somewhere I carry a change of pants and a couple pair of underwear. How do I get him to use the potty while he's dressed? He's just now getting verbal and will just say wet after he's peed or say eww if he's pooped.

NinjaMomma

Asked by NinjaMomma at 3:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make him have cloths on...soon he will get sick of being wet and start going again.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree w/ mikala_lynn,is he doing it cuz maybe you always sat him on the toilet naked when you first started training?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 3:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just suck it up and put him in clothes. LOL That is what I did with my youngest; and it took about a week to get him fully potty trained to include through the night....and he just turned 2 in December and I did this last month. The first 2 days were gross; by day 3 he had the idea, day 4, 5, and 6 were ok, and day 7 was great. He has had 2 accidents in the last 3 weeks. WOOHOO!!!!! (And that includes a week long trip to Disney World! LOL)
    JenB1983

Answer by JenB1983 at 7:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I am working on that, but he seems perfectly happy wet. It annoys me. When he's wearing clothes he will actually throw tantrums when I ask him to go use the bathroom
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 12:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009