Ok wow this is ridiculous

I was reading this story through Foxnews.com and I just couldn't believe it. Instead of leaving the link I'll post the story here:

One in seven people believe it is acceptable in some circumstances for a man to hit his wife or girlfriend if she is dressed in “sexy or revealing clothes in public”, according to the findings of a survey released today.

A similar number believed that it was all right for a man to slap his wife or girlfriend if she is “nagging or constantly moaning at him”.

The findings of the poll, conducted for the Home Office, also disclosed about a quarter of people believe that wearing sexy or revealing clothing should lead to a woman being held partly responsible for being raped or sexually assaulted.

CONT...

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If my husband ever hit me, he better be ready for my frying pan. And i'm not going to be cooking with it!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Although a majority of 1,065 people over 18 questioned last month believe that it is never acceptable to hit or slap a woman, the poll found that those aged 25-39 were more likely to consider that there were circumstances in which it was acceptable to hit or slap a woman.

Men and women over 65 and those in the lower social class groups D and E are more likely to believe that woman should be held partly responsible for being raped or sexually assaulted, Ipsos Mori telephone poll found.

Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, said: “Violence against women and girls is unacceptable in any form no matter what the circumstances are.”

Ms Smith said that more needed to be done to challenge attitudes that condoned violence against women and girls.

CONT....
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• She was speaking as she launched a police lead review of whether new laws are needed to tackle serial domestic violence abuses and whether there is a link between the early sexualisation of young girls and violent abuse.

What are your thoughts on the story? I can't believe THAT many people feel that it is ok in those circumstances.
    AprilDJC

• i do not agree with hitting a woman..that is so wrong..but then on the other hand..sometimes they deserve it..and i also think that wearing revealing clothes CAN lead to rape or sexual assault! half the time its woman looking for attention..whether that be good or bad..its still attention! i do think its wrong that its that way..but..these are the times..woman SHOULD be smart enuff to know that..and yes i know it can happen to a woman wearin a baggy tshirt and sweats..but..when ya wear revealing clothes youre giving out this public persona that SEX is what youre looking for..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Once a man hits you, he will do it again! Once a woman hits a man she will do it again! This is such a black and white situation, but trust me, you will get the dysfunctional moms who say "My man hit me once and trust me it was the first and last time"! Bullshi*&! Whether it happens in a year or 10 years, he WILL hit you again.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Gigi i dont think thats true. maybe true for you though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was in an abusive relationship when I waw 17. I got the hell out. Thank god I still had my mom and I moved back home. Once they hit they'll do it again. The girl after me was put in the hospital. Men who hit women are cowards.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 7:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009