age gap.... ????????????????

I am talkingto someone and there is a 9 year age diff. I am kinda nervous about dating again ne ways let alone dating an older guy. I am 23 he's 32. Is this ok??? Age is nothing more than a number right??
My mom had me at 16 and dad was 27 .... she just turned 39 this year so that only makes her 7 years older than the man I am interested in. Could that be wierd??? Now that I am an adult I dont think it bothers me so much.
Are there any of you with a significant age gap between you & hubby/so ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• If it doesnt bother you or him then who's to say its not right? If you like each other explore the relationship.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my hubby is 10 years older then me, his son is 8 years younger then me. our family laughs when we are all together in public and my stepson calls me mom, the looks on ppls faces is pricelss.of course my hubby looks much older then i.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I dont know your situation, so I dont want to rain on your parade. But all I have to offer you on this matter is this advice : Make sure you are both on the same page. Meaning, make sure you both are looking for the same thing out of a relationship at this time in your lives...because If not you will be arguing all the time, which is a lost cause because one of your has been there done that, the other hasnt and wants to....regardless, it can turn into a bad situation, and a miserable one at that. Just make sure its what you both want before jumping in to deep....or getting pregnant.....and make sure you can let him be his age, and he can let you be yours, all while loving it that way......
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 3:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My fiance & I have been together since I was 19 (I'm 28 now) & he's 22 years older than me...now that get's some looks! I couldn't ask for a better guy though :)
    humboldtmommy

Answer by humboldtmommy at 3:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• WE ARE 9 YEARS APART, AND VERY HAPPY!!!! AS LONG AS YOU ARE HAPPY THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS :) GOOD LUCK
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• me and my husband are almost 7 years apart..people use to say alot of mean stuff whenever i was 16 and he was 23, but now that i'm 21 and he's 27 it doesn't really matter at all! age is def just a number!
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 4:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There is an 8 year gap between my Hubby and i and we are fine. If it doesn't bother you it shouldn't bother anyone else
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm 22 and my hubby is 33 :)
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 7:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• im 23 and my husband is 33. i dont mind the age gap at all,...hell he still acts like hes 23 so it doesnt really matter lol
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Im 23 and my husband is 34 and i wouldnt change anything in the world. I have a 13 yr old stepson and together we have a 15 month old little boy. It works for us
    NycoleBenjamin

Answer by NycoleBenjamin at 8:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2009