how much did you get of income tax this year?

i got 4,045.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Over 8,000 but we pay extra in so we get a large sum back at the begining of the year. Its our interest free "savings account" that we absolutely cant touch like when its in a traditional account where we end up touching it all too often.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 5:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• A LOT less than we have gotten in past years....about 80% less.
    Our income bracket is zero, but all we qualify for anymore is a bit of EIC on top of the taxes we paid, which we claim zero on our W4's so we can have more taken out. Now we're thinking of changing those so we can enjoy our paychecks right away instead of waiting once a year.
    That's what happens when you earn a little more income and your children grow up.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• a satisfying amount
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• a little over 8,000.. we have two kids... the last two years in a row my hubby had his mom file our taxes (she's an accountant) and didn't even tell me how much we got back- I worked full time and some of that money was mine but I never did find out what he did with it... this year I pissed them both off and filed the taxes myself... I have half a mind to blow it all on something stupid for me and the kids but I will probably just apply it to my husbands enormous credit bills.... he's a shop- a- holic always buying expensive stuff for himself because "he deserves it" thing is, he can't afford it!!!
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 7:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Enough to get my car fixed and insured, and to enjoy a couple lunches out with DD.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• over 10K... we have 5 kids and hubby is military and he claims zero throughout the year...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• HALF as much as last year (under $5000), my dh changed his witholdings???!!! We own our own home and claimed 4 children. He better change it back!!! :)
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• wow I don't know how you all do it. My husband is military, we claim 3 kids, own a home and even though I work and we both claim zero we never get more than 2-3,000 back. Not sure we haven't done our taxes yet.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• none of your biz
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• last anonymous if its none of my biz then why do u waste your time in clicking on my question to waste my time as well because youre not even answering the question youre just giving a rude lame obsurd reply that is just a waste of space to my question, dume bi*tch! why click on something u dont want to answer i dont get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009