Obama's a lefty....

No bashing or being mean here. My daughter is a lefty! I was just wondering how many US presidents were. Yes I KNOW it's completely unimportant, more of a trivia thing! Anyone know?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The following presidents were all southpaws:

20th James A. Garfield
    31st Herbert Hoover
    33rd Harry S. Truman
    38th Gerald Ford
    40th Ronald Reagan
    41st George H.W. Bush
    42nd William J. Clinton
    44th Barack Obama
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Does that mean he's supposedly in his RIGHT mind?! Cause I beg to differ! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• WOW Blue! SO MANY??!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• And check out the numbers... 3 in a row in recent times, and none of the first 19 presidencies. Interesting.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• none of the first 19 presidencies. Interesting.

Back then, being left handed was considered evil and a mark of the devil. If you naturally wrote lefty, you were force to use your right hand, and it was kept a dark family secret.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Ah, so that explains it.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I didn't know it was considered a mark of the devil.I knew kids were made to use their right though.

I am left handed.Although, a bit of a ambedextrious too.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Doesn't mean he's in his right mind,which he most certainly isn't! Gives all us lefties a bad name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know this is totally irrelavent to your triva question,but I am a lefty ( south paw).
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Back then, being left handed was considered evil and a mark of the devil. If you naturally wrote lefty, you were force to use your right hand, and it was kept a dark family secret.

LOL..My mom is a lafty and she was in catholic schol in the 50's , she was beaten with a ruler more than one time over this and they forced her for awhile to write with her right hand, Then my mom-mom went to the school and told the nun, you can smack her if she does something wrong but if you ever smack her again for writing with her left hand, so help my God I will punch you! LOL

So in retaliation the nun let my mom write with her left hand but still made her slant her paper as if she were writing with her right...NUNS!! LOL

My dad and aunt are all also lefties, none of their kids are and after 7 grand kids , all righties, my mom finally got her lefty, my 3 year old son seems to be a lefty!! They are so happy!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009