HOW LONG AFTER LOSING MUCUS PLUG TO DELIVERY?

I'M 37 WEEKS, 3CM AND 60%. I JUST LOST MY MUCUS PLUG. THIS IS MY SECOND CHILD, AND I'M TOLD THINGS WILL GO FASTER. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG BEFORE I MIGHT BE DELIVERING? I'M ANXIOUS TO HAVE THIS LITTLE ONE, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SPEED THINGS ALONG WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

angel012682

Asked by angel012682 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lost my plug at ten in the morning delivered my angel at nine that night. congrats and good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Losing your mucuous plug actually doesn't mean anything. It could still be weeks before you go into active labor. Sorry. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• every time i lost my plug i went into labor the same day. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Walking may help and seemed to make delivery easier. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Losing the mucus plug isn't a sign of labor coming soon, it could be hours, days or even weeks. You don't even have to lose it before labor.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug at about 6am and at about noon that day I started having contractions. I ended up going to the hospital around like 5pm and was only still dialated the same which was 2-3cm for a few weeks. They sent me home and after about an hour at home I was back at the hospital. I took a warm bath when I was at home and my contractions went from 5-6min to 1-2 min when I got out. I then was dialated when I drove back to the hospital to 5-6cm.
    Anonymous