why so much of a difference?

so i take my daughter to he wic appointment and they tell me she is right on target with her weight and height for her age. the same day two hours later i take her to her doc appointment and they tell me she is a little under weight. what the hell? why is there so much of a difference from one to the other? there should be a universal scale that every one has to use lol

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The wic people are morons! My first had reflux and would throw up every time he ate. At only 2 months a specialist told us the only way we could keep his food down was to mix rice in his bottle. When the wic people asked their normal series of questions & I answered yes to the rice in bottle, they freaked out. She yelled at me for an HOUR. I'm not even kidding. Finally she got ahold of the specialist & he explained to get why it was necessary. That bitch!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I thought there was...regardless, my dd was always in the lower 10% until she hit puberty then she started eating like a pig! As long as she is healthy, just do your best.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh she is healthy and has a good appetite but it is frustrating when you go one place and they tell you one thing and then you go to the doc and they tell you another its like come one people. i dont worry cuz i know that i am doing a good job she is developing well and healthy but its the others that dont know their ass from a hole in the ground i am worried about. lol they weighed her at her last appt. with all her clothes on and this time they took them all off and told me she had lost weight. well no shit.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• WIC doesn't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

Never go by anything WIC says.

They told me I was giving my TWO YEAR OLD heart disease because I refused to put him on 1% milk. (um...pediatrician, you know the guy with the PhD, had me giving him 2% milk)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i was told my daughter was under weight by wic and if i didnt take her to the doc to find out why they were going to call csb on me but the doc knew about it and the reason and said she was fine now they dont say that anymore :)
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There was alwasy a difference between the WIC scale and the pediatricians scale. Same thing with the height thingy. For some reason, my son was always shorter and fatter at WIC. At his pediatricians office, he was always tall and thin. Anyway, he's 5 now (next week), so no more WIC. I'm going to miss the juice and milk and eggs and cereal and produce. I just recently realized how expensive milk has gotten!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• This happens every time we have a WIC appt. They always tell me I have to change something or I'm doing something wrong and then I go to her doctor and she tells me my dd is perfectly healthy. Don't listen to WIC, go by what the doctor says. I don't know why, I think it's just crazy and don't pay any attention to them anymore.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Some online medical site told me my daughter was average. Her pediatrician recently congratulated me for working to get her into the 5th percentile, and to keep giving her cream (he's European). She's 7 1/2 YO, 36 pounds. So now I don't know. Um, 5%? I'm over 5'11"! 5% is NOT impressive in my family. LOL. She's just smallish.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 10:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• A while back a medical assistant was weighing my DD and she said your DD is 12lbs and 16oz. So I said you mean 13lbs. She got mad at me and kept correcting me. I had to slowly tell her there are 16oz in a pound. She just had things twisted around in her head for the moment, human error.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There was a FULL POUND difference between the WIC scale and the scale she is always weighed on at the Dr. That is why I quit getting WIC according to them if your child is not obese they are underweight. They also really make you feel bad about not breastfeeding. I wasn't sure if I could due to taking meds, I did wind up BFing my dd but they make you feel like crap if you can't. Come on. They are supposed to be helping people not cutting them down.
    lovemybabygirl7

Answer by lovemybabygirl7 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009