How to whitch to a toddler bed. I have a DD that I switched at 11 months old to a toddler bed because she was trying to climb out and almost did.

When I put her in the toddler bed she went right to it when I put her in there she went right to sleep like it was her crib. She wouldn't even get out of her bed even when she woke in the morning she would cry for me to get her out like she did in the crib, but I had no problems putting her in a bed. I just got a single bed for my oldest so I can use the toddler bed for my youngest my sister also is wanting to borrow my cribmy younest is 14 months old I know she is still young, but I was trying to get her in the toddler bed bc my sister needs my crib. Last night I put her in that bed I thought she was sleeping she wasn't got out of bed crying so hubby put her back layed with her for an hour. Thought she was sleeping she wasn't so I just put her back into the crib. How do I go about making the switch from a crib to a toddler bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she saw the crib, that could be part of the problem. Take the crib down.

If she gets out of bed, put her back in. Don't lay down with her, just put her back. If she gets out, put her back. If she gets out, put her back. If she gets out........repeat.

My older two went right to a bed. No trouble. My third...it took two weeks to get the booger to stay in bed. But he did. She's a different kid, she's not going to work the same. It would be so nice if they all would work the same...but boring, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well the thing is she crys and crys and crys and she keeps getting out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009