Cord Blood/Placental Cell Banking

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with cord blood/placental cell banking? If so, which company did you use? Why? Thanks in advance.

gaamom

Asked by gaamom at 8:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We banked my son's cord blood through CorCell. They are an excellent company (a little biased because my aunt is the Director). They handled everything and the only thing I had to do was take the box to the hospital with me and give it to the nurse. They came and picked it up afterwards and all I had to do was sign that they picked it up. I was really pleased with their service and would definately use them again for our second child. Hope this helps!!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 8:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We looked into it and decided not to do it. There is no guarantee it would work for anything to be honest and it was a LOT of money to put on the "chance" it might be used later.

This was SEVERAL years ago, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• CBR, the Cord Blood Registry, was the bank we used. they are one of the leaders (ViaCord being the other one) in the industry. They are also the company who have had the more successful rate of cell transplants, so you know that if you ever need them, your stored cells are viable. Also if you go to this link http://www.cordblood.com/cord_blood_banking_with_cbr/realpeople_realstories/index.asp
    you can read all about the real people and real stories of some of the successful transplants at CBR. When we were deciding we had seen Dallas' story on the Today Show and that did it for us. Be sure to checkout www.thecordbloodregistrymom.com for additional information on CBR, their payment plans (you don't pay in full until you delivery so if you enroll early enough you can pay it down a little) and the discount code M5470 for $250 OFF the fee. The discount has no expiration and can be used by as many families as needed! Take Care!!!
    marukagmb

Answer by marukagmb at 10:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2009