Are there any work from home sites that are real?

Does anyone know or is currently working with a work from home site that is real and doesn't try to scam you and that is free to start up? I need some extra money, but I don't have any to start up with. Help!

ProudMommie87

Asked by ProudMommie87 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am not sure hun. Most of them require a lot of getting others to join before you actually make money. I have a work-at home business but it is not what I think you are looking for. Some require a start up cost which is for your starter kit. I have a program that helps you get your starter kit free. Just let me know what you decide hun and we can always talk and see if what I have to offer is right for you or not.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm using a few different work at home companies. I never pay money to make money! You can read my Make Money Online blog to read about the companies I use.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hey Girl! Be careful when looking for a home job as many of them (especially the data entry ones) are scams. The truth is that there are not many legit work from home jobs out there. I do have a list of legit companies that do hire people to work from home. I found this list on the CNN website. PM me if you would like a copy of this list. Keep in mind though, that IF there is a job opening, you will have to apply for the job and there will be 100s of people applying for the same job. That's why it is so hard to find a legit work from home job...they are so few and far between. I wish you luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!
    smswright

Answer by smswright at 10:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Actual "jobs" where you earn a paycheck from a company while working solely at home are very hard to find. It's usualy those established with a company thats given that option but they still commute to the office once or twice a week. There are direct selling companies like Avon, Tupperware, etc. etc. that have a fee for a start up kit but you aren't guarenteed to earn money for the time you put in, most reps make money, but very little ($100 or less a month) and yes some just simply have better luck. You can always try selling your outgrown clothes, toys or unwanted collectibles on craigslist of eBay to get you a little money to get started with a company (or to buy more things to sell on those mentioned sites)!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know how you feel. When I first started looking for jobs online all I found were scams. People telling things like "You can make a ton of money with Cash Crate and project PayDay." What a load of crap! I have been working at home for 2 years now, I started my own work at home website and I was even on the evening news. They helped promote my work @ home site when the economy started to go bad. I changed the name, but the jobs are getting bigger and better every month. Just go to StuckAtHomeMom.com You will find ONLY REAL jobs. Also you will find Legitimate Group Studies (those are the REAL survey sites that everyone is really looking for.)

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 1:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• http://alwaysfreeandlegit.webs.com/

This is a website that I put together of 2 REAL and LEGIT sites that pay you! They are 100% FREE and Legit. I would encourage anyone that needs the few extra dollars these days to take a moment to see my site. Thanks! Oh yeah, 24/7 FREE help is ALWAYS available
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I work for ChaCha and up until last Monday they were hiring. It's an actual company. They make you apply, train, and pass tests in order to work for them. You can read more on my journal post: More Information About ChaCha!

If you want to leave me a comment there, I can contact you as soon as they open hiring up again!

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• What if I told you that I found a way to stay home and get paid? Would you be interested? It is possible to supplement or even replace your current income. I stay home with my 4 kids, that's right I said 4! I was feeling bad watching my husband try to support our family. So I found a 100% “GREEN”, debt free wellness company. I'm not saying I make millions, but I am contributing and I'm not letting strangers raise my kids. I love having my own business. If you are motivated and serious, go to my website www.familiesrok.synthasite.com. Then we can discuss what you can do to make your life simpler. This economy is a nightmare its true, but this could be your solution. Just give me 30 minutes to share the details.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 5:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• happy st. patricks dayHi!  I wanted to invite you to take a look at this site: www.deliveringonthepromise.com/tmast  I was very skeptical in Nov after loosing my job of 10 yrs but I love this!  If you are interested let me know and I will help you get started!  Good luck and hope to hear from you soon!

-Traci Mast

TMast@Ameriplan.net

http://www.ameriplanusa.com/video/AMR300K.asx

Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009