Crying whe he toots???

My son, 5 weeks, almost 6, cries when he toots sometimes (mostly when I am feeding him)... Could it be hurting him?? Or do you think he has to poop and cant? He is giving me BM diapers and so I dont know... Does your little one do this? What is wrong??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Poor little guy. Maybe its hard to pass the gas or maybe he is a little constipated. My dd toots but doesn't cry. If he's formula fed maybe it hurts his tummy. If he's breast fed maybe its something u are eating. Good luck. You could try some mylicon drops too.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Gas drops are a good idea. It sounds like he's constipated or has too much gas so he has to push really hard to get it out. You also might want to talk to your ped about switching to a soy based or sensitive stomach formula.
    MamaMaggie3

Answer by MamaMaggie3 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009