would you call her or not..

ok i posted yesturday what would u say to her. regaurding me helping young mom and babysitting and her eaither a no show or not calling to say u dont have 18 month old 2morrow. she finally called around noon time ( i was in shower ) saying her boyfriends parents had him. she knew about this sunday and didnt call to say he was staying at grandparents so i woke up mon am and just waited. when i called her back voicemail and i said what u ladys said no notice i will charge 1/2. and that a call is more then welcomed. she never called me back. NOW once again today she was a no show, but she did call when i was droping dd @ the bus stop 8:15am she said 18 month old was at grandmas still (again she could have called and told me or said something when she called around noon yesturday ) so again this am i waited. so she calles and says he still there, sorry and asked me to please call her and tell her if i can take him tomorrow . cont

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• and that she needs to know by 12 o clock. she has been a no show or no call a few times now. and im annoyed, i want her to sweat it out i dont want to give her the decentcy of a call just to be like see it sucks just waiting and wondering. but i am tired and cranky lol. what would u do? part of me wants to say sorry im not helping anymore, i was trying to help so she can have her son ( grama lives in mass so he stays there all week) she wanted him home with her. i babysit she gets to have him. i dont he stays there all week and she gets to have saturday with him then he goes back. im at odds on what to do.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I say it's not your responsibility. I think you are being very sweet to want to help her out and there is nothing wrong with that. There is however something wrong with her thinking it's okay to just string you along and think you will be there at her beck and call. I think before you stop helping completely, you need to talk to her face to face and let her know how it is going to be. If she doesn't call you, she pays anyway. If it happens again you will no longer be able to take care of her child, you have a life too and it does not revolve around her schedule. Good luck.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I couldnt have said it better than happyathomemum. I totally agree!
    littleblackrose

Answer by littleblackrose at 9:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with happyathomemum also. It sounds to me like she wants to be a "part-time parent" and she has everyone feeling sorry for her.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009