what do you all think?

Every time my DH decides that he wants to have to the internet hooked up at home, i will log on and find that he has gone to porn sites.. should i be concerned that he cant stay off the sites. . .Does this make unattractive to him? After all i have has three of his children...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• There are different opinions on this. I'll give you mine. I don't think looking at porm means anything. I don't think it is a commentary on hoe he feels about you. I don't think it means he wishes you looked different or acted different. I think it is normal and healthy to a have a sexuality that is seperate and individual, and masturbating to porn can be a healthy part of that. That said, it is important for couples to be respectful of each other's feelings. So if it makes you feel insecure or uncomfortable, or you object strongly to porn in your home or your marriage, then you should be able to talk with him about that and be heard. Some men do become addicted to porn, and that can cause huge problems in a marriage. But that is not always the case.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• couldn't have said it better myself

Answer by admckenzie at 9:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm with BlueFrog. Rent "Fireproof" and watch it together.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 9:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just sit down and talk to him about it, like adults. There is no way you or anyone else can know what's in his head. But try to remember, men don't think like we do. Just because he is watching this doesn't mean he isn't attracted to you. Have you never watched porn? Maybe he is in the mood and you aren't around so he has to take care of business himself. Masturbation is normal and healthy. It has nothing to do with you. The only thing that you should worry about is if he is doing it all the time and not wanting to have sex with you anymore. Not just that he doesn't initiate it but that he doesn't want to. That's rare though so don't worry about it. Just talk to him like an adult and ask what the deal is.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Fire Proof was awesome and it delt with this and a few other things that people tend to have trouble dealing with in everyday life..I think you should watch it too..and maybe even do the LOVE Dare (in the movie)
    If it really is somethng you are worried about then talk to him about it. And sit and watch the movie together. Make it somethng you do together NO KIDS!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Blue frog said it best!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you are a Christian couple he shouldnt be watching it, personally i think porn is digusting and should be banned, just my opinion, i think that especially if the other person doesnt know about it or it is hidden, its a huge problem

I have had this problem in the past and refuse to go through it again
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009