• In the Spotlight:

Traveling by plane

When you traveled by plane with your baby what didn't you bring that you wished you had? Or what did you have that was a lifesaver for you? We're flying next week with our 6 month old. 3 hour flight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bring an extra outfit for baby, and an extra shirt for you. A blanket might be a good idea, since planes can get really cold. Bring a paci or a bottle, or something for baby to suck on during ascent and descent. Bring a new toy to distract baby. Bring more food than you'll possibly need, in case you end up delayed for hours and hours.

I also like to bring my stroller and carseat right up to the gate and gate check them so that I have them with me in the airport and they don't get lost in baggage. (That's assuming you aren't using your carseat on the plane.)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009