What can i do about colic?

I went to the doctors with my son yesterday and found out that he had colic? What do i do.... Every night its the same episode. I need a home remedy.. Can anyone help???

ZiemMya2

Asked by ZiemMya2 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried everything when my DD was colicky. Swinging, rocking, bouncing, walking, strolling, music, white noise, tummy soothers, EVERYTHING, and nothing worked. My DD would cry from 2pm-am, I would get 4 hours of sleep because she was right back up at 6am. My DH had to leave for work at 5:30am and not get home until 10pm so I was doing it all on my own, it was the longest 12 weeks of my life. You can try the gas drops and rubbing his tummy or a baby massage. Good luck.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Try everything until you find something that works. I had a neighbor whose baby would only stop crying when he was riding around in his carseat.
    Slings can help because it reminds baby of being inside the womb. Also, you can try gripe water.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My little girl was colicky for several weeks. Gas drops helped her a lot. And if you are breastfeeding, whatever makes you gassy will make her gassy. A sleepy-time wrap helps as well, it straps her very snugly against your chest, and is very comfortable for a small baby. Just remember it will eventually pass. Also if you bottle-feed at all, use playtex drop-ins, scoop out the bubbles, and push all the air out.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I read in a book to go to a Basketball game, lol... The noise will put ur LO right to sleep... Or maybe put one on T.V and crank it up.... ??? Might work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My DD got colicky when she was 3 or 4 weeks old. I didn't know what was wrong with her. I called my mom so she came over she thought if the baby new I was frusterated that would make her cry so my mom came over and couldn't get her to stop my mom said she sounded like she was in pain she was my first baby I took her to the hospital they told me she had colic. Luckly she only had it for 3 weeks, but it was still 3 very long weeks lol. What I did was I held her a lot, I fed her when ever she wanted just after 1 or 2 oz I made sure she burped if she didn't burp I would not give the bottle back until she did. Make sure you get all the burps out, I would hold her while I swept the floor she liked that. She would stop with car rides. So I would say make sure you get all the burps out, try holding him a lot, try holding and sweeping at the same time, dry those gas drops those were a life saver for me lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Soetimes I would also hold my DD with either her belly up on my sholder or with her over my lap and my knee kind of against her belly putting pressure on it a little I found that helped a lot. Also at night I slept on the couch with her in my arms because that helped I tried anything that stopped her from crying lol. I trubed her belly a lot. I hope you find something that works. Good luck.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oh ya I forgot one thing I found is do you swaddle your baby?? I found that with my 2nd DD I thought she might have colic to so I wrapped her up like they do in the hospital and she was fine after that lol. So try to swaddle maybe he just misses that. I swaddled my DD tight if it was to lose it didn't work on her lol. Good Luck
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009